Monday, June 20, 2011

Week Five - Cargo Tiedowns

Sorry it's week six and I'm only just now getting week five out there!  [I'll make it up to y'all at the end...]

This week I got to work with Paul Jones on his Cessna 206.  Paul Jones is the fun, energetic, Thomas Fraley type person who is a blast to work with!  He works for Missionary Air Group (MAG), a small mission organization down in Guatemala.  He is working on the 206 that he will be flying down there:
We worked on a cargo tiedown kit that requires some extensive fabrication.  Paul made the aluminum reinforcements and primed them.  I installed nutplates, then we riveted them in place!  It sounds fairly simple, but it truly is amazing how long it takes to do anything on airplanes.  For example, the rearmost cargo tiedown points required removing all the rear windows, which are riveted and sealed in place!  Anyway, this is what the reinforcements look like on the left side of the airplane cabin:


It was a lot of fun, as I got to be somewhat independent while working, but still had people around to ask questions of and to joke around with.

Here's Paul's "early morning coffee time while making fun of William" face that he made just for you blog readers!

To make it up to you for getting the blog out late, I'll give you a sneak preview of what we're doing this week already, followed by an awful joke!
That's the only hint you get!

Awful Joke of the Week:
How do you catch a unique rabbit?
             

Answer:  You 'neak up on it.  (Say it out loud.  It's awful, I promise.  You'll get it.)

Thanks for another great week!
Will

~ I found out about a group that plays ultimate frisbee on Friday and Sunday afternoons!  I got to play with them Sunday, and had a BLAST!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment