Saturday, July 9, 2011

Week Eight - The Finished Projects

This week Paul was back, so we moved on with the Cessna 206 project.

We managed to complete the nosewheel servicing and reattaching to check that project off the list!  We also got the abrasion boots fully secured at the end of the day on Friday.
Abrasion boots are made to protect the leading edge of the tail from rocks and gravel, etc. that can be kicked up into it.  They help prevent major dents and dings that would require repair.
The whole process was very stressful, since neither one of us had done it before, so we had to figure out the best way to do it WHILE we were doing it.  Kinda difficult, because once you stick the boot on, it won't come off at all.  That glue is really meaningful stuff.

We also got the plane ready to rivet the rear windows back in and to paint that section afterwards:
Colorful tape!

The highlight of the week was when my parents flew in to visit on Friday!  I was really excited to show them around the place and to get to spend some time with them.  They left last night, and I sat on the taxiway staring after them as they went.  I love my family so much.

I have two more weeks here, then I'll be done with my internship and head back to Indianapolis for a little bit, then right back to school.  It's gone by really fast.  I feel that I'm just now getting everything figured out, just in time to leave and head back.  Frustrating, but I'm also looking forward to how God will use me wherever I'm sent.

Will

~ Bonus picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment